Introduces Various In-Depth Courses Including Hands-on Skills and Tools
The leading organization in information security training and certifications, the SANS Institute announced six days summer cyber security-training program (SANS Boston Summer 2019) from July 29 to August 3, 2019. Introduced courses will cover cyber defense, intrusion detection, ethical hacking, PowerShell, SIEM, security management, and secure development.
The principal security consultant at Enclave Consulting LLC and SANS fellow, Jason Fossen will discuss a bonus evening talk over “Windows Exploratory Surgery with Process Hacker.”
Fossen explained, “You could read a 1000-page book on Windows internals design. You could spend a week learning how to use a kernel debugger. You could even dig through the source code of Windows somehow. But if you just want to immediately start poking around under the covers of Windows with a fun graphical tool, that’s Process Hacker. And it’s free! Join me in Boston where I will share all you need to know about this great tool.”
Some in-depth course topics
SANS Boston Summer 2019 features courses for cyber security professionals at every level.
- SEC301: Introduction to Cyber Security is the ideal course for IT professionals wanting to transition to a career in cyber security.
- SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling will guide cyber security professionals who are looking to expand their skills and career potential will benefit.
- SEC540: Cloud Security and DevOps Automation provides development, operations, and security professionals with a methodology to build and deliver secure infrastructure and software using DevOps and cloud services.
- SEC505: Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation – In addition to his evening talk, Fossen will teach this course, students will learn how to use PowerShell to automate Windows security management across an Active Directory enterprise. The focus of this course is how to automate the NSA Top 10 Mitigations, the CIS Critical Security Controls related to Windows, and the MITRE ATT&CK mitigations for Windows, especially the ones that are the difficult to implement in large environments.
Reasons to Attend SANS Boston Summer 2019:
- Skill Development: Develop top-notch skills that will set you up for success in cyber security.
- Unparalleled Courses: Cutting-edge courseware covering today’s relevant topics taught by real-world practitioners.
- Location: Boston offers the quintessential blend of colonial history and cutting-edge innovation.
Real-World Applicability: The SANS Promise is that you will be able to apply the skills you learn as soon as you return to work.