Look around. The value of the global energy drinks industry is estimated to be around $100 billion, and there’s a very good reason for this. You see, in the quest to be more productive and proactive, and get more things done, most people are turning to a multitude of energy boosters, herbs, and other assorted concoctions. While this may work (in the short run), it is hardly sustainable or even healthy in the long run. Instead, you should be aiming at increasing or enhancing your body’s energy levels naturally using wholesome and proven approaches. This excerpt explores this topic exhaustively, and hopefully, by the end of this write-up, you will have a good idea of how you can power up your mind and body.
What determines a Person’s Energy? What is to Blame for your Lethargy?
All factors held constant, there are quite a few factors that have a bearing on a person’s energy levels. Here’s a quick breakdown of that.
· Sleep: Lack of sleep or poor quality sleep can lead to low energy levels. But then again, you should avoid oversleeping or lounging in bed excessively. More on this later
· Diet: It’s a no-brainer that eating a healthy, balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrients can help maintain energy levels. Speaking of which, people who routinely include energy-boosting supplements e.g., Wellabs Organic Liquid Chlorophyll, tend to have better energy levels than those who do not. On the other hand, a diet high in processed, sugary foods has been blamed for energy spikes and crashes.
· Exercise: Regular physical activity can help increase energy levels, while a sedentary lifestyle is exactly a catalyst for higher energy levels. Get moving.
· Stress: Chronic stress can drain a person’s energy levels.
· Medical conditions: The existence of certain medical conditions, such as anemia or thyroid problems, can cause low energy levels.
· Age: As people age, their energy levels may naturally decrease. Although this is expected, there are a few things you can do to maintain the energy levels that you enjoyed at the peak of your youth.
· Medications: Some medications can cause fatigue as a side effect.
· Hormonal changes: Hormonal imbalances, such as those that occur during menopause or pregnancy, can affect energy levels. It’s no surprise that some women will report feeling less motivated or lethargic at certain times of the month.
How to Increase or Boost Your Energy Levels
Fortunately, there are a few practical measures that you can employ to enhance your energy levels, fight unexplained exhaustion, and combat a lack of motivation.
1. Control or Limit Stress
Chronic or long-term stress can have a significant impact on your energy levels and inner psyche. You see, when you are under stress, your body’s stress response system is activated, releasing stress hormones such as cortisol. These hormones can increase your heart rate, blood pressure, and energy levels, helping you to feel more alert and focused. However, chronic stress, or stress that is ongoing and not effectively managed, can have the opposite effect. It can lead to fatigue and low energy levels, as well as a range of other physical and mental health issues. To break it down, here’s how long-term stress can impact your motivation and inner psyche.
Sleep disruption: Stress can disrupt sleep patterns and lead to insomnia or other sleep
disorders, which can leave you feeling tired and low on energy, try magnesium supplements
for a relaxing nights sleep.
· Changes in appetite: Stress can affect appetite and precipitate changes in eating habits, which can impact energy levels.
· Physical effects: Chronic stress can weaken the immune system, increase the risk of illness, and lead to physical symptoms such as muscle aches and pains, which can all contribute to low energy levels.
· Mental fatigue: Chronic stress can also lead to mental fatigue, making it more challenging to concentrate and stay focused, which can drain energy.
As you can see, it is important to manage stress effectively to maintain healthy energy levels. Strategies for managing stress include exercise, getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet, and engaging in activities you enjoy. It is also helpful to speak with a healthcare professional or a mental health professional for additional support.
2. Adhere to Healthy Sleep Patterns
Sleep is a vital component of a person’s overall health and well-being. It is crucial in regulating energy levels, mood, and cognitive function. When we sleep, our bodies go through different stages of sleep, including light sleep, deep sleep, and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. These stages are important for repairing and restoring the body, as well as consolidating memories and processing emotions.
Lack of sleep or poor quality sleep can lead to fatigue, irritability, and difficulty concentrating. It can also affect physical health, including an increased risk of conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. On the other hand, getting enough good quality sleep can help improve energy levels, mood, and cognitive function and may also have a positive impact on physical health.
There are several factors that can impact sleep patterns and quality, including age, lifestyle, and health conditions. It is important to prioritize sleep and adopt good sleep hygiene practices, such as creating a sleep-friendly environment, establishing a consistent bedtime routine, and avoiding screens and caffeine before bedtime.
3. Stop Smoking A.S.A.P
In case you didn’t know, cigarettes can have a negative impact on a person’s energy levels in several ways.
First, nicotine, the primary psychoactive substance in cigarettes, is a stimulant that can increase heart rate and blood pressure, which can lead to a temporary boost in energy. However, this effect is short-lived and can be followed by feelings of tiredness and fatigue as the body becomes accustomed to the presence of nicotine.
In addition to the short-term effects on energy levels, smoking can also have long-term negative impacts on a person’s overall health and well-being. Smoking can damage the respiratory system, leading to shortness of breath and decreased physical endurance. It can also cause inflammation and oxidative stress in the body, which can contribute to fatigue and reduced energy levels.
All said and done, smoking can have a detrimental effect on a person’s energy levels and overall health and well-being. Quitting smoking is not only great for your overall health but can also help improve your energy levels.
4. Don’t skip Breakfast or Any Other Important Meal of the Day
Breakfast is the first meal of the day; hence its main purpose is to furnish the body with energy and nutrients after an overnight fast. In other words, when we skip breakfast, we are depriving our bodies of these essential nutrients, which can lead to feelings of fatigue and low energy levels.
In addition to the immediate effects on energy levels, skipping breakfast can also have long-term negative impacts on health. Research has shown that people who skip breakfast are more likely to be overweight or obese and are at an increased risk of developing chronic conditions such as heart disease and diabetes. These conditions can also contribute to low energy levels and decreased physical and mental performance.
It is generally recommended to include a healthy breakfast as part of a daily routine, as it can help improve energy levels and overall health. A healthy breakfast may consist of whole grains, protein, and healthy fats, such as oatmeal with nuts and berries, eggs with vegetables, or a smoothie with Greek yogurt and fruit.
5. Include Food Supplements in Your Dietary Plan
Adopting food supplements can make a ton of difference in your energy levels, particularly if you are deficient in one or two crucial micronutrients. But even if you are not, there are a number of energy-boosting organic supplements which are a safer bet than standard energy drinks laced with taurine or caffeine. Organic chlorophyll drops come to mind. You see, chlorophyll is a pigment found in plants that is responsible for absorbing sunlight and converting it into energy through the process of photosynthesis. There is limited scientific evidence to support the use of chlorophyll for improving energy levels, especially considering that the pigment supports the increase in a person’s red blood cell count. Besides, chlorophyll may have some potential health benefits, such as aiding in digestion and helping to detoxify the body. It’s a win-win situation.
Pros and Cons of Wellabs Organic Chlorophyll Drops
Wellabs Organic Chlorophyll Drops is one of the many energy-boosting supplements they have in their portfolio. But how does it stack up against the competition? Let’s see.
· It’s available in a variety of purchase options depending on your planned usage and budget, which can help you save a bit of money
· GMO-free and completely vegan-friendly
· Formulated with 100% organic ingredients
A bit pricier than chlorophyll drops from other players in the market
As you can see, improving your energy levels is akin to transforming your life by adhering to simple healthy habits and weeding out those that are not. Adding a few supplements along the way wouldn’t hurt too.