Since the outbreak COVID-19, the efforts to fight against this virus have doubled with each day passing. All the front line professionals such as doctors, journalists, cops, government officials are facing a lot of issues to deal with the virus. Private companies are using their resources to figure out different ways to tackle the novel coronavirus. In collaboration with Stanford University, Google has launched a global COVID-19 map that helps journalists in embedding the latest visualizations of the pandemic on their sites. According to Johns Hopkins University, the overall number of global coronavirus cases has surpassed the 20 million mark, while the deaths have increased to over 734,000.
Here are the 5 reasons why the journalists should prefer Google’s New Global Covid-19 Map
- It allows local reporters to insert a map of their local area or even a national case map.
- It uses different colors to indicate the number of cases per 100,000 people over the past 14 days.
- Covid-19 Global Case Mapper makes it easier for comparison as it shows the intensity of the outbreak by the number of people in each location.
- The newer version helps users to view global data for 176 countries addition to the US.
- The map is now available in more than 80 languages.