Gryphon will help power Smith Micro (SafePath® Home), connecting the mobile experience to the home
Smith Micro Software, Inc. announced it has signed an exclusive strategic license agreement with Gryphon Online Safety, Inc., providing a software solution that offers simple, yet powerful integration of home routers, including future in-home 5G routers, with the SafePath® platform. Known as SafePath Home, this new capability continues the vision for SafePath, making it possible to add all in-home devices to the digital family lifestyle. Family life includes time inside and outside the home. SafePath provides a single pane of glass through which the family can manage and secure their digital lifestyle no matter where they happen to be.
SafePath Home Features:
- Parental Controls: Allows parents to set age level restrictions for each device and Internet time limits, as well as content filtering by age.
- Intelligent Intrusion Detection and Malware Filtering: Utilizes machine learning that recognizes and monitors each device in your home, warning you of intrusion.
- View Browsing History: Offers the ability to monitor your children’s browsing history even if they clear browsing history on their device.
- Set Bedtimes/Homework Times: Parents have the option to schedule screen time limits, turning off Internet access to fit their family’s schedules.
- Pause the Internet: Pause the Internet easily with the touch of a button when desired.
- Safe Search: Enforces Safe Search/YouTube filtering to hide inappropriate content.
- App Control: Block online access for popular apps such as Fortnite, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Remote Control: With SafePath Home, your smartphone is transformed into a remote control that manages all functionality in the home or when away.
- Automatic Software Updates: Keeps your software and security up to date with automatic, over-the-air patches to your WiFi router.
- Mesh WiFi Network Management: Intelligently manage and optimize the health of your WiFi network for fast Internet speeds throughout the home.
John Wu, CEO of Gryphon stated, “The number of connected devices in our homes is exploding, exposing our families to unfiltered content and our smart devices to new online threats. We are delighted to partner with Smith Micro to offer operators, ISPs, and home security service providers the most comprehensive in-home and mobile protection solution in the industry.”