Today, the world is evolving at a rapid pace with advancements in technology. Accessibility of the World Wide Web has become effortless resulting in a massive rise of internet users. Digitization has revolutionized the concept of advertising through e-commerce, mobile applications, and social media platforms generating large amounts of structured and unstructured data. The only possible solution to unlock the value, pattern and meaning of the stored data is Business Intellignece that works with Big Data platforms. Sectors and industries like IT, automobile, manufacturing, retail, finance, banking, and e-commerce have realized that data is an asset with a rising market price in the global business.
Zoomdata Inc. is the world’s fastest platform for big data exploration, visualization, and analytics. Launched in 2012, the company has offices in California, Virginia, Australia, Singapore and Japan. Zoomdata provides a simple, intuitive, and collaborative way for any business user to visually interact with data to enable business insights, from billions of rows of data to real time streams in seconds.
Zoomdata is natively architected for cloud and on-premise deployments, its modern architecture delivers interactive visual analysis of big and fast streaming data at the speed-of-thought. The company’s market traction and technology innovations have garnered widespread recognition. Zoomdata debuted in the visionary quadrant in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms and Gartner also named Zoomdata a 2016 Cool Vendor. Zoomdata received the #1 ranking in both the 2017 and 2016 annual Big Data Analytics Market Study from Dresner Advisory Services, an independent, non-sponsored and crowd-sourced market research firm. In addition, Zoomdata was named a Ventana Research 2016 Technology Innovation Award for Operational Intelligence, and was recognized as a 2017 Hot Vendor in Streaming Analytics by Aragon Research.
Guiding Star of the Company
Justin Langseth is the Founder of Zoomdata, Inc. and serves as its Chief Executive Officer. He is a graduate in Management of Information Technology from the Sloan School of Management, MIT. Currently, he is also serving as a venture partner at NextGen Venture Partners. Under his leadership and guidance, companies like Clarabridge, Inc., Claraview Inc. and Strategy.com (MicroStrategy subsidiary) have been formed. Prior to joining MicroStrategy, he was a software design consultant in the electric utility, managed care, and pharmaceutical industries.
Mr. Langseth has been in the Business Intelligence (BI) space since the mid 90’s and encountered its progression from simple analysis of sales transactions to real-time analysis of trillions of rows a day. Justin realized that existing BI software would simply not work with modern data sources, and therefore, launched Zoomdata.
Words of wisdom from the founder
Justin advices the Gen Next entrepreneurs to focus on two core skills namely, coding/hacking and selling/presenting. He suggests that if one can both code as well as present their concept, it becomes much easier to start a company.
When hiring, Zoomdata looks for builders with creative minds who can make a positive impact by unlocking the secrets hidden in Big Data. In return, the company provides access to the best tools and technologies enabling the team to deliver outstanding results, solutions and services.
Zoomdata’s Leveraging Technologies
- Scalable microservices based platform deployable on-premise, cloud, or hybrid.
- Uses a built-in or external Apache Spark engine for data caching and manipulation.
- Implements data source connectors built on the native APIs of the source to optimize performance and expose full capabilities of the data source.
- Connects to Hadoop, Search, NoSQL, Streaming, Data warehouse, RDBMS.
- Implements data sharpening, live incremental updates, lazy load of results, query windowing functions, query cancellation, clean up and multiplexed caching.
Partners in Innovation
When it comes to big data, no company has all the answers. Hence, Zoomdata has aligned itself with the most innovative companies in the rapidly changing big data and visual analytics marketplace. It has partnered with over 48 companies specializing in Cloud, system integration, technology and applications fields.
On-going Customer Oriented Projects
- Global Pharma Company: Managers, data analysts and data scientists are supplied with analytics solutions that can fuse together clinical data enabling greater efficiency and new insights across its R&D processes and bring new drugs to market quickly and less expensively to assist patients.
- Mobile Network Monitoring Company: Zoomdata is embedded in a next generation modern BI front-end platform that provides network monitoring, diagnostic and analytics services for mobile and broadband networks for global telecommunications companies.
- Global Marketing Company: For a global marketing company, Zoomdata delivers agile data discovery, enabling ad hoc, interactive, drillable analysis of big data for digital marketing campaigns.
Future Obstacles and Counter Attacking Strategies
Zoomdata is committed to not only keeping pace with, but also leveraging the latest and greatest technologies. Streaming data and IoT analytics offers a lot of promise, but the adoption is early and technology is still nascent. There are also many new players in the market, requiring a constant assessment of partners and competition. It is both exciting as well as a very complex segment of the market.